Turkish citizenship conditions are easy to fulfill.
It is safe to say that the easiest way to obtain Turkish citizenship is through real estate investment.
Turkish Citizenship Conditions
There are 3 main ways to obtain Turkish Citizenship:
- Residency: one of the Turkish citizenship conditions is to stay in turkey for 5 consecutive years.
- Marrying a Turkish citizen. A foreigner can obtain Turkish citizenship after 3 years of marrying a Turkish citizen.
- Investment: once the investment has met the Turkish citizenship conditions the investor along with the family members becomes eligible.
As a matter of fact, real estate investment is considered one of the easiest ways to get Turkish citizenship.
Real Estate Investment and Turkish Passport
As we mentioned earlier any foreigner can obtain a Turkish passport once they bought a property or properties in Turkey for the amount of 250 thousand dollars.
- The value of the acquired property or properties should be 250 thousand dollars.
- The acquired properties should not be sold for 3 years.
- A foreign investor should buy the property or properties from a Turkish citizen.
- There are not any conditions related to the type of property.
It could be a piece of land, an apartment, or any commercial property.
In addition, there are other types of investment through which foreigners can acquire Turkish citizenship.
Questions people ask about the Turkish citizenship conditions
- How long does it take to be a Turkish citizen?
You can become a Turkish citizen in 90 days from the time of the application.
- Who in my family can take the citizenship?
The spouse and children, under 18 years old, become Turkish.
- What are the required documents?
The documents differ according to the type of application.
If it is through real estate investment the following documents should be prepared:
- The title deed or the notarized contract.
- The evaluation report: it is a document that states the value of the property, it is valid for 3 months.
- Bank receipts that show the payments made from the buyer’s side.
- Bank receipts that show the payments received by the selling party.
- A translated and notarized copy of the buyer’s original passport.
This document is required for all those applying for Turkish citizenship including the spouse and children.
The Advantage of Turkish citizenship
There are many advantages to Turkish citizenship. Most importantly:
- The Turkish passport, which has a good global ranking.
- The ability to establish a business in a country with the best economic growth levels.
- Keeping the original nationality.
- The colorful social environment in Turkey, which makes it easier to adapt.
The Turkish government is always working on making Turkish citizenship conditions easier.
Nonetheless, the already existing conditions are easy to fulfill.
Moreover, the number of foreigners obtaining Turkish citizenship is on the rise.
These numbers are most likely to continue growing in the future.