One of the most prestigious and oldest areas in the city center of Istanbul, Besiktas is one of the regions that attract tourists from different countries of the world due to a large number of palaces, mosques, and historical buildings in it, in addition to its charming nature. Besiktas is located between Kabataş and Ortaköy districts, and this neighborhood directly overlooks the Bosphorus with stunning views. Besiktas region is ranked second after Taksim in terms of the number of its visitors, whether from inside or outside Turkey.
Shopping and tourism centers in Besiktas
Besiktas is a center of the most important historical monuments and the most important palaces, including:
- Dolmabahce Palace: This palace was built by order of Sultan Abdul Majid I in 1843 and it took about 13 years to finish. The palace directly overlooks the Bosphorus and contains many gardens that decorate its spacious yard. The famous palace includes 285 rooms and many Turkish baths, salons and other facilities, and the palace tour takes about 3 hours.
- Yildiz Palace: It is also one of the most famous palaces in Istanbul, this palace used to be the headquarters of Sultan Abdul Hamid II, it is also considered a masterpiece because of its luxury possessions. The palace is also famous for its spacious garden, which contains various types of plants and flowers from all over the world. The garden also contains horse-breeding stables and overlooks the Bosphorus with great views.
As mentioned earlier, the coast of Besiktas is one of the main attractions of the region. The coast of Besiktas extends over a large area, and there are many cafes and restaurants that offer fresh seafood on this Means of transportation in Besiktas.
Means of transportation in Besiktas
Means of transportation are abundant in Besiktas, and it varies between bus lines and sea ferries that connect all regions with each other. Buses connect it to all areas such as Sisli and Fatih, and sea ferries can be used to reach the Kadikoy and Uskudar regions on the Asian side of Istanbul. It is possible to reach Besiktas from Taksim by walking on foot for no more than 35 minutes and enjoying the picturesque nature and sea views that characterize the area.
Schools and Hospitals
Due to its important location Besiktas has many international and public schools. The schools include:
- Milestone International School
- MEF International school
- Istanbul Business school
As far as universities are concerned there is several private universities that accept foreign students in Besiktas including:
- Galatasaray University
- Bahcesehir University
- Yildiz Technical University
As far as hospitals are concerned private and public hospitals are available that provide treatments for foreign patients including plastic and cosmetic surgeries. Some of these hospitals are:
- Medicana Hospital
- Liv Hospital
- Besiktas Government Hospital
These are only few of the educational and health centers of Bisiktas.
Properties in Besiktas
The real estate market in Besiktas is characterized by a mixture of modern and historical buildings, providing many rich options to suit all tastes. Because of the region’s distinguished location and the high demand for housing and apartments in it, buying an apartment in Besiktas is considered one of the successful and guaranteed investments. Real estate prices in Besiktas are still witnessing a continuous increase due to the high demand for residential apartments in it, as many international schools and private universities have taken center in Besiktas and thus students have taken it as their residence.