Avcilar overlooks the Marmara Sea and is in the south of the Esenyurt region, and in the east of Beylikdüzü on the European side of Istanbul. It is the starting point of new Istanbul. It became an independent municipality in 1992 and it is divided into 10 districts and is distinguished by its liveliness and the large number of activities that can be carried out in it. The region occupied a strategic location throughout history, and it still maintains its importance until now due to its location. It is also characterized by a mixture of antiquity and modernity, represented by its monuments and museums, in addition to modern buildings with modern designs.
Shopping and tourism centers in Avcilar
Shopping centers abound in the Avcilar area, which is divided into two types, luxurious and modern shopping centers, and traditional shopping streets that you can see all over Istanbul, and there are many restaurants and cafes that open until late hours. In addition to the cafes on the coast of the Marmara Sea and traditional Turkish tea gardens.
Shopping centers in Avcilar:
• Pelican Mall: It is a huge mall with many local and international brands, it also has a huge gym, in addition to restaurants, cafes, cinemas, a bowling alley and an ice-skating arena.
• Torium Mall: It is also one of the huge malls in the region and contains many stores that provide all the needs of the family. And in this mall, there is a snow park in which all family members can enjoy snowy weather throughout the year.
• Marmara Street: It is one of the large street shops in Istanbul and is in the center of Avcilar. It extends over a large area and contains many separate shops that sell all clothing products, shoes, bags, and others.
Tourist attraction centers in Avcilar:
- Museums that contain many monuments dating back to different historical eras. It has many museums, such as the Halûk Perk Museum and the Ataturk House Museum.
- Archaeological buildings such as the ancient city of Pathonia and some buildings and mosques dating back to the Byzantine and Ottoman eras and others.
- Parks and Recreation: The gardens and parks are distributed over large areas of Avcilar and most of it belong to the municipality, the number of parks exceeds 7 parks, which differ in spaces and activities that can be practiced in them.
Avcilar coast is also one of the centers of attraction in the region, as it extends over a large area and has paths for walking and cycling, children’s parks, and picnic areas.
Means of transportation in Avcilar
Means of transportation vary in it, and perhaps the most important of these means is the Metrobus, which is the most used means of transportation in the city. There is also a bus stop in the area that is used to reach all parts of the city, as well as minibusses. Work is currently underway to connect Avcilar area to the metro and tram network in Istanbul by extending new metro lines represented by the Mahmud Bey – Bahcesehir – Esenyurt line, which is expected to have a role in the rise in property prices in Avcilar significantly soon.
Schools and Hospitals
You can find a good number of schools and universities in the area that accept foreign students easily both in the public or private ones, some of the schools in Avcilar are:
- Almanar International School
- Maktebim Okulu
- Avcilar Final Okulari
In addition to many primary, middle, and high schools in the area.
As far as universities are concerned one of the most important universities, Istanbul University- Cerah Pasa, is in Avcilar among many other private universities that use English and/or Turkish languages in their curriculum. Other universities in the area include:
- Istanbul Gelisim University
- Anadolu University
Hospitals in Avcilar vary to include private hospitals and government hospitals, which include:
- Avcilar Hospital
- Medicana Avcilar
- Avcilar Private Anadolu Hospital
Properties in Avcilar
Avcilar is one of the crowded areas in Istanbul, which means an increased demand for real estate in it, which makes it one of the best real estate investment areas in the city. Here are some of the many factors that attract residents to Avcilar:
- Its proximity to central Istanbul due to the Metrobus line that passes through most of its neighborhoods, facilitates the movement of residents to their work and study areas in Istanbul city center.
- Istanbul University and other universities in Avcilar lead to high demand for student apartments and dorms
- The waterfront extending over a huge space makes it an attractive place to live and settle in apartments with stunning views.
- Canal Istanbul project, which is one of the mega infrastructure projects in Istanbul, would cause a quantum leap in real estate prices in the areas from which it will pass including of course Avcilar.
In addition to all that, the municipality of Avcilar pays great attention to the region in terms of the services it provides, which increases the attractiveness of Avcilar to stay in, visit and enjoy its parks, beaches, markets, museums, restaurants, and cafes.